- This event has passed.
QClass: Women and Minority Voices in the Arts
October 21 at 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
We are pleased to announce that our next session of “QClass,” an online performers series, will be on Wednesday, October 21 at 5 pm. Class is free and open to the public.
Panel Discussion: Women and Minority Voices in the Arts
Women and historically underrepresented people have contributed profoundly in the arts throughout history. Despite these contributions, the arts industry lacks their representation as a whole, and particularly at the leadership level. This QClass virtual panel discussion includes faculty and administrators from performing and visual arts departments at Queens College, who will:
- highlight the contributions of women and underrepresented voices in the arts
- bring awareness on the lack of their representation in the field
- discuss ways to cultivate future generations of diverse leaders in the arts.
- Chloë Bass, Assistant Professor, Social Practice, Art Department
- Maria C. Pio, Co-Director, Godwin-Ternbach Museum
- Julia Del Palacio, Director of Strategic Partnership and Development, Kupferberg Center for the Arts
- Meghan Healey, Chair, Department of Drama, Theatre and Dance
- Emily Wilbourne, Associate Professor, Musicology, Aaron Copland School of Music
Moderated by Jane Cho, Director of Administration, Aaron Copland School of Music.