The 9th annual Queens World Film Festival will be taking place from March 21st-31st at the Museum of the Moving Image and the Kaufman Astoria Studios, in Astoria, Queens! The festival features film works by QC students as well as artists around the world. QWFF includes an annual multi day/multi venue festival, youth-oriented educational initiatives and year round screening opportunities for QWFF filmmakers, past and present. The festival is programmed in thematic blocks with evocative titles, and each program is followed by a post-screening dialogue to engage audiences from the demographically diverse communities that comprise the borough of Queens.
For more information about this year’s featured works and the filmmakers behind them, visit https://www.queensworldfilmfestival.com/
BFA Reviews will be held on Wednesday, March 20th by appointment in Klapper hall room 672. All BA students who wish to switch to a BFA major must attend a portfolio review for admission. Students can sign up for a portfolio review by visiting the sign-up sheet posted at the Art Department. (If it is impossible to meet at this time, e-mail professor Debra Priestly.)
- Sign up for an appointment by 4:30pm on the previous day. The list is on the door of the Art Department office, Klapper room 172
- Sign up for the earliest possible appointment
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to set up your presentation.
- Bring up to 3 works from each of your studio classes along with samples of outside work. You may include a sketchbook.
- Bring whatever materials you need to hang your work (tape, pushpins, etc.)
Queens College invites you to see our latest exhibition in the Student Gallery on the 4th floor of Klapper Hall! White Picket Fence is a collaborative installation between MFA students Marlon Lainez and Ryan Wild. It will be on available to all from Feb 25th through March 5th.
MFA student and Queens native Melissa Misla discusses her paintings, which use the motif of apartments to explore the influence of culture and identity.